Re: BillP, tleemay, GI III et al: I need your help.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 15, 2001 at 14:00:42:

In Reply to: BillP, tleemay, GI III et al: I need your help. posted by Eins on October 15, 2001 at 10:01:35:

Posted by Eins on October 15, 2001 at 10:01:35:

I would like to explain to him from our perspective what happens to the human body during a dive with regards to the above objective.

Given our somewhat tortured history on this list, I'm sad to report that * our * perspectives may be slightly different. However, to that end you ask a blanket question to which there does not exist a uniform consensus of the prevailing theories. For example, to answer your question one would need to be proficient in several prominent schools of THEORETICAL thought, and one would need to accept at the outset that verbal gymnastics could never form part of these THEORIES..

For example, you would need to be proficient in the following before we could even get specific:

Bulk Diffusion Model;
Multitissue model;
Thermodynamic model;
Reduced Gradient Bubble Model;
Tissue Bubble Diffusion Model;
Varying Permeability Model

You would then need to accept that the pioneer's in this area are still not in uniform agreement, so by definition, you may not get a complete answer. Furthermore, you'll need to understand and accept that much of the information we would give you comes from Haldane, Hill, Workman, Buhlman, Weinke, Bennett, Baker et. al..

I'll be happy to BRIEFLY discuss each of the above in greater detail but the second you play one game of semantics, verbal gymnastics or what have you I'm done.. This is very complex stuff that we have studied for years to gain the requisite understanding and I'm not willing to engage in parsing syllables..

The choice is yours..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]