Re: BillP, tleemay, GI III et al: I need your help.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on October 15, 2001 at 22:12:29:

In Reply to: Re: BillP, tleemay, GI III et al: I need your help. posted by MHK on October 15, 2001 at 14:00:42:

Thanks for the offer, and I'll take you up on it.

I appreciate your effort to be comprehensive and up to date with your response and I'd like to offer some help here: when I said "from our perspective", I meant from OUR as divers, as this scientist is not a diver and therefore probably is unaware of the nature of the beast that we have to deal with. So, while I appreciate your desire to give your best shot at this, I want to say that it will suffice at this stage if he gets a general idea of the concept of in- and off gassing and the influence of pressure gradients on this. I trust that he will quickly understand our issues and will be able to apply the concept within his field. Actually, keeping it simple may help keeping him interested. But I will let you be the judge to decide what needs to be covered for a nutritional scientist to get an idea what is happening in our body when we dive.

I have no intention (and not the time ;-)) to parse any language or play any of the games you mention and I would even be happy if you just point me to something similar to what I am looking for that may have already been written.

Arno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]