Re: skip breathing -- old habit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 19, 2001 at 18:38:46:

In Reply to: Re: skip breathing -- old habit posted by Steve on December 19, 2001 at 15:57:28:

I do not believe that skip breathing has any affect on SAC. It is just an old wives tale that they taught us and I occasionally find myself falling back into.

As to the Tylenol, it is what I have been able to bum on dive boats. Usually from women who carry lots of stuff in their purses. I have asked for aspirin, and almost never gotten any. As to my opinion of why, I think it is all the fear mongering ads using scare tactics to make people thing that their stomachs are at risk from its use. But it seems to have a potential use to prevent heart and stroke problems (and that data is peer reviewed and comes from careful study). Nifty drug! But the blood thinning can be bad at times. Annecdote time:

My neighbor was racing his bicycle and always in the saddle. He would get sore and aspirin helped the pain and seemed to act in an anti inflamitory type of way. So he was used to taking several per day -- every day. he had been doing this for months. Then he went in for a vasectomy. They almost could not stop the bleeding. While the doctor was working on him he asked if there were any medications in his system, because he was having a real problem with bleeding. He mentioned the aspirin doses and the doctor about flipped. A few days later when the swelling stopped and started to finally subside, we all had a good laugh.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]