Re: DIR ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on December 22, 2001 at 09:50:11:

In Reply to: Re: DIR ? posted by Steve on December 18, 2001 at 07:56:47:

This is not a dive computer or not issue. This is not what you wrote in the past as much as what you inaccurately babbled back to Jeff in responding to his posting. I have read what you talk to MHK and others about. Your full-face mask experience exposure and basis for mammalian reflex application in California was hysterical and irrelevant. Just because you picked up some catch phrases from a local dive club presentation, on the boat with someone else that you worship, or from web sites and list archives that discuss DIR does not make you a contributing expert. I will be taking the DIR fundamentals course next March and until then I am not going to take either side of the DIR issues until I have first hand experience with it, I do already recognize it's advantages. George's point with Dr. Black is that those that think they are DIR are causing more problems than those who think they are experts by what they think they have learned on the internet. I am curious as to whom you do think can be called DIR, give us some names of whom you feel can be counted on for accurate information about DIR who have studied and applied both conventional and DIR training in their diving careers.

Just like the Dr. Black person George talks about, you insist on tossing out obfuscations on the DIR subject and then resort to old school training and practice after you get caught dispensing bad information. Fact here is that you gave the impression to Jeff the only way to get information from the Quest web site was to pay a fee to subscribe. People who want the truth are now mis-directed and basically lied to because the last time you checked they have to pay a fee, which was never the case. What's your problem with being consistent? Tleemay even pointed out you were wrong yet you didn't try to misdirect his correction. You were wrong. Admit it and this issue is closed. Every time you post something inaccurate that can be verified DIR or not, persons like myself will continue to point you out as the issue obfuscating want to be diver you come off as.

Nice buoyancy at Anacappa this past spring. The idea is to stay off the bottom, didn't NAUI teach you that?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]