Re: equipment

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on May 29, 2002 at 06:21:50:

In Reply to: equipment posted by dean on May 28, 2002 at 18:26:28:

I prefer the BC first. you can get a decent fit, not great, but decent, rental wet suit. (dry suits are for way later, after many dives). And rental regs are generaly OK, but alway bring your own mouth piece, some rentals don't come with one. to me, of all the gear I have to rely on, and get comfy with right away, my BC is on top. It is my primary life support, and hold everything togather. with rental BC's you alway have to relearn where the dump valaves are, how fast or slow it inflates, you may go from front to back inflatation. Too many variables for a new diver to need to deal with. To me a good reson not to go with the reg first, is that most don't come with a computer, which means you have more time to learn to use tables, which can be vital if when you get a computer, it takes a dump, you'll need some sort of backup. As for brands, because the liability is so hi, I think all are reliable. The hard part is figuring out what you want or need. Remember, you can always get somethning else later.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]