Re: Suggestions for Father/Son Novice Dive?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on June 25, 2002 at 14:24:46:

In Reply to: Suggestions for Father/Son Novice Dive? posted by Michael B on June 25, 2002 at 13:59:05:

I suggest checking out a "club" or group of divers who regularaly dive and enjoy new divers to join in. South Coast divers might be a good group to dive with. They have a group dive every Saturday. They have experienced locals who verify the entry locations and assist people who are less familiar with the dive site. I suggest you contact them and discuss it.

Another alternative which I thihnk is really the best is to hire a local divemaster to take you diving. There is wonderful shore diving here and a local DM will give you the needed assistance and ensure you see all the really cool stuff that the locals know about. A good DM will brief you on the dive and refresh your skills and knowledge. They will also be useful in keeping everything safe. Verify that they have a card that says they are a Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, or Instructor. Also make sure they are insured.

The reason for the insurance verification is that this will be a "real" professional divemaster who takes this stuff seriously. If you hook up through a store, you are probably assured of this.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]