Ok - now that they got them out, I still have a question

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 91 dive beginner on July 28, 2002 at 10:38:50:

In Reply to: Re: Whoa, easy, everybody - honest question posted by :) on July 26, 2002 at 16:09:33:

Hopefully the successful rescue will cool ":)" down and we can have a constructive discourse here - which is all I was looking for to start.

Please forgive my ignorance: I'm not a cave diver, I don't play on television either. But I've been in zero visibility many times, and I've worked my way through bad conditions and currents before.

Here's how I picture it. A team of divers runs a cable into the mine. The cable has a hookah setup feeding air and voice communications. Backup systems standing by. This way the divers are not totally dependent on tank air.

This team takes the cable to the trapped divers. Now there are no air issues, and the guys can communicate.

If efforts to get through from above fail, it's possible to haul the guys out the way the diver came in. No, they're not divers, yes, it's going to be a challenge, but it can be done.

Now, either there are technical issues that haven't occurred to me, or there is simply nobody that wants to sign up for such a mission. I don't know which it is, but it's an honest question. I'd like to hear from someone with a cave diving certification who could give me their opinion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]