In Praise of my Favorite LDS.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Starfish on August 15, 2002 at 21:11:26:

I want to give a public "thank you" to Steve at Sea d Sea in Redondo Beach.

I bought something on Ebay, but I needed a little thingie to make it work. I went to the "other" dive stores in my area. I was told I should not have bought off Ebay. I was told it was a waste of money, a bad buy. I spent too much money. I should call my credit card company and cancel the sale. I was made to feel guilty because I did not buy from them! They told me they did not have the thingie I needed and shrugged their shoulders when asked where to get one.

When I went to see Steve today, he said "sure, no problem". He didn't have the exact thingie I needed, but found one that would work. He gave me a discount off the sticker price, he gave me some good advice, and to top it all off, I got a free airfill!!

If there are other dive shop owners out there, This is what GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE is. You cannot guilt me or coerce me into spending my money with you. Most of the time, it doesn't matter if your prices are lower than others. What matters most is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Almost every time I need my tank filled, or need to rent some gear, I end up buying some other doodad. I have spent close to $2000 in the past year at the "other" dive store. Just because I purchased one item elsewhere should not mean I should get the cold shoulder.

So to Steve...THANK YOU. I will be back, many times, to spend my money with you.

Janie

p.s. I am not affiliated with Sea d Sea, nor with any other dive shop, in any way, except as a loyal customer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]