Re: Plunder and Pillage

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Melvin on August 16, 2002 at 15:29:41:

In Reply to: Re: Plunder and Pillage posted by curious on August 16, 2002 at 09:34:23:

Is it? I have no idea what average is. Here are my stats Age 48 (be 49 in Dec) Height 5'11.75" Weight 150.2 lbs, 13.7% body fat. Normal BP 99/68 +- 2 points, resting pulse 54. Non-smoker. Exerecise program, dive every week at lease once, or more if I can get the wife to agree, or sneak it in.

Still a novice (I am AOW certified by PADI[yes the dreaded PADI]) as I have only been certified since June 2, 2001, with a lifetime logged dive count of 53 dives.

I am still diving too much weight (28 lbs)with a 7mm suit, vest, and hood, and I know it. But I want to do a dive and suck my tank down to 500 PSI and then adjust the weights, peferrably from a boat. Nothing worse than guessing at the appropriate adjustment, and then swimming out only to find out you missed your adjustment and you took off too much weight and the dive is a struggle. I am planning to cut back to 20 or so LBS in the next few dives.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]