I walk/play with my dogs DIR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by randy54 on September 02, 2002 at 11:44:13:

In Reply to: Re: DOING IT RIGHT! posted by Eric S on September 01, 2002 at 21:57:05:

I now have two dogs, so we walk as a 3 member pack, I shaved all the excess hair for burrs, fleas, and tick prevention. No more collar, the tag number is tattooed on both ears, in case one gets ripped off in a dog fight. Each dog in on a long leash I hold, (the leash is sewn to the skin,since the collar was eliminated). A seperate short leash bungeed around their neck, so if I lose one leash, the other dog reach over and grab hold of the loose dogs whort leash until I recover the long leash, or we get back home. I feed them on a tri-mix of Alpo, Kibbles and Bits, Purina One Lamb and Rice.Depaending on how far we walk, the time of year, and out side temp., the mix can be optimised. We only play with Wilson Matchpoint Tenise Balls, as these are too big for either dog to get caught in their throats (this has happened with a blue racket ball), the bounce is consistant, and the bright yellow provides good vis.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]