The Customer is Always Right (Wrong!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Old Time Diver on September 05, 2004 at 20:16:25:

Because of a time issue I was forced to go to a local Sporting Goods store that has been talked about in this forum often, to get my tanks filled. I only go there if it is late at night and/or there is no other option. The young guy was someone I had never seen before .(Which is often the case no matter how often you go there) Right away he told me that he couldn`'t fill one of my tanks because my VIP was expired. I had to argue with him about how to read the sticker and he finally relented to fill it. (It expires at the end of December) Then after waiting almost an hour, my tanks appeared from the back, with stickers on them to pay the cashier with. I noticed both my twin 50 tanks were charged two fills apiece. When I told him they were always charged as one fill not two, he pretty much told me I was full of it! I asked him what I would be charged if I had brought in a single 100 cubic foot tank. He said he would charge ONE FILL. Than I asked why twin tanks holding the same amount of air would be charged TWO FILLS. He said thats the way it is! Calling the manager didn't help much, but they let me have it my way because I was getting more agitated and drawing attention at this point. As I loaded the tanks into my car I noticed they all were still very warm! The next day on the dive boat I was less than delighted to find out I had 2700 psi in all my 3000 psi tanks. I guess thats why they have so much trouble attracting back any but the newly certified divers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]