Re: Bonaire crime?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Smitty on September 09, 2004 at 21:41:49:

In Reply to: Bonaire crime? posted by Karen on September 09, 2004 at 16:25:59:

We were there last year and had no trouble with theft from the vehicle. The people were friendly and the atmosphere very relaxed. we never left anything but scuba tanks in the vehicle and left the windows down. In fact we had no problems until the last day. We parked in town on the water front and one of the locals racing his buddy down the street spun out into our van whilst we were shopping! On return to the van we found the side bashed in and the tail lights broken, due to this hit and run. On opening the van three locals came up to me and gave me a description of the car, the driver and the license plate of the vehicle that hit me. A fourth local drove me to the police station, this was about 4pm. At the station the capitain took a report, explained that there was only one insurance comapny on the island, ran the plates and confirmed that the other driver was insured. He then told me he would go to his house and get a statement and to return at 9pm for a police report. We went back at nine pm and the report was ready along with a copy for the rental car agency, i wish the police here could be as efficient, this little blight on a great vacation ended happily with the hit and run driver paying for all damages. I would highly recomend Bonaire for a great relaxed vacation that you can dive, dive , dive your heart out on with every kind of profile from shalow reefs to deep walls to reck dive to muck diving. PS we stayed at Buddy Dive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]