Commercial Fishing to Commercial Farming

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on November 22, 2004 at 10:12:07:

In Reply to: "Feel Good" Behavior posted by Old Time Diver on November 21, 2004 at 22:44:03:

There was a time in this country. The general poplulation ate elk, deer, buffalo, wild turkey, etc. We clothed ourselves in beaver fur hats, fur coats and our women decorated themselves with bird feathers. After we nearly wiped out a lot of species. We adjusted. Now we hunt for sport and food and use other means to put a dollar in our pocket. It's time to take the same approach to ocean management.

We went to drinking Wild Turkey. Our women now decorate themselves with tatoos and pierced body parts, instead of wearing parts of dead birds. We raise beef for McDonalds, instead of slaughtering buffalo. Fur is not in fashion as it once was.

We can farm/ranch the ocean for food we need. I noticed Costco even sells farmed salmon nowadays. Which tastes better than farmed catfish. We are in the process of changing already. We just need to dedicate ourselves to the process and expediate it. I could see myself as a wrangler on a lobster herd.

If I were a politician (yuck)! I would favor major tax breaks for ocean farmers and other means of motivation like low interest loans, etc.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]