So share with us YOUR thoughts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on February 14, 2005 at 11:22:47:

In Reply to: Re: I think the discussion is very legit. posted by lucky on February 14, 2005 at 10:35:12:

Lucky wrote: ". . . and now you have a "drifting" problem, so why not discuss HOW THE BOAT COULD HAVE DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY so it will never happen again."

I'm not trying to put you on the spot but I'm truly curious as to what you think the boat should have done differently. And, to my mind, it's two very different questions:

1. What do YOU think the boat should have done differently to prevent Dan from drifting away?

2. What do YOU think the boat should have done differently to prevent their leaving while Dan was still in the water?

And a third question . . .

3. Had they fixed the second question and not left the area, how do YOU feel that would have changed the drifting outcome?

I'm truly just curious. (And just so we don't lose focus here, I'll reiterate what I've already said publicly: The roll call was faulty and the boat shouldn't have left. However, even had the boat not left, Dan would still have been nowhere to be found and it may well still have taken until 12:30 to find him.)

Anyone else should feel free to chime in as well.

Ken Kurtis
NAUI Instr. #5936
Co-owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, CA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title: