diver.net

I need to whine a little bit

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 11, 2005 at 19:35:33:

No diving for a while. No idea when I can put on a wetsuit or fins again...

So there I was last weekend. The 2 younger daughters were in a surf contest, so the wife and I were at the beach all day. When I got home, I decided to handle some honey-do assignments and a few things that were on my list for a while. I thought a tuneup and front shocks on the motor home was just the ticket.

As the sun set, I was finishing up the tuneup. I finished up the right side, and was ready to move ot the left side. I stepped out of the passenger door and as I walked aroudn the front, I stepped off the curb and right onto my creeper. It shot out like a skateboard. As my right leg went out and up, my left knee let out a loud POP and buckled sidewise and I landed on my back in the street.

I can barely walk if I hold the knee angle just right. The xrays and MRI are done and I am waiting for the surgeon to schedule the repair.

I probably saved $100 on the tuneup (well not really since I did not finish it yet). Less on the shocks. It was not worth it. I feel stupid, and I know it will be a long time before I am diving again...

OK, now I feel better for the whining...

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.