diver.net

Re: Any Opinions on PInnacle versus Picasso Semi-dry Suits?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tunnel Rat Richard on November 11, 2005 at 13:57:56:

In Reply to: Any Opinions on PInnacle versus Picasso Semi-dry Suits? posted by Walt on November 10, 2005 at 22:55:33:

I have a 7mm Picasso 2-piece suit (skin-in) and LOVE it. I've never been in a warmer wetsuit-- even after 300+ dives in California waters. (Picasso doesn't make a semi-dry suit, but their wetsuits are so close-fitting it has been my experience that VERY little water gets inside, and virtually NO water circulates beneath the suit.) The sizes run small, so if you get one make sure it fits. (I am 5'10", weigh 205 lbs with a notable abdominal protrusion-- i.e., look like I'm pregnant-- and take a Picasso size 58.)
The Henderson Goldcore front-donning suits are really bad-- they have a 6" wide strip of VERY porous material surrounding the donning zipper, which leaks water like it isn't even there. This is a VERY cold wetsuit.
The standard Henderson two-piece off-the-rack suits (full jumpsuit with back zipper + hooded vest) are a MUCH better deal both in terms of price and warmth. If I wore one in California I'd have both parts 7mm throughout (not 5/7 as they will try to talk you into.) I take an extra-large in this suit.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to