diver.net

You're kidding, right?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce Wyrwitzke on May 07, 2009 at 18:12:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chamber Day Dive posted by ridendive on May 07, 2009 at 16:02:08:

"...WAS being supported by divers. Thats why we pay to dive on Chamber Day with the additional support of the boats donating their time and costs."

Are you high? I mentioned this on another board, but it's worth rehashing again here... Diving on Chamber Day is a far cry from making a donation to the Chamber. In many cases, the Chamber Day dive costs LESS than a normal day of diving at Catalina. It's the boat captains and crew that are making the donation. Their time, their boats, their fuel, and in some cases their food. Get real people. Most divers are using the guise of Chamber Day as an excuse to sneak out of work for a mid-week dive at a great price with the opportunity to walk away with some pretty nice raffle prizes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed that the boats didn't go out, but far more disappointed in the attitutes of the divers that feel they were short changed on Wednesday.

Hats off to ALL the captains that continue to support this event.

Stepping off the my soap box, high horse, etc...

Bruce

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.