diver.net

Thanks Guys

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojostone on June 01, 2012 at 10:44:17:

In Reply to: Learning to service your own equipment. posted by Mojostone on May 29, 2012 at 04:24:17:

I have Poseidon, Atomic, ScubaPro and Aqualung regulators. I love em all and plan to keep them. After I move to the Philippines.

Some of the gear I rented in the Philippines leaked as much as 500 to 1000 psi during a dive. We would have done more diving if the gear was better. The air leaks would have been a bigger problem but I am a light breather. It is normal for me to have 1000 psi left over. When my dive buddies are empty. Which is strange, because I am a really big guy.

I had lots of problems with what I suspect was sand in BC inflators, causing them to leak. I remember one set of gear. I used in Coron. Everything leaked air, small leaks but many of them. It takes away from the joy of diving. When you are constantly thinking about your dive gear.

I have been to the Philippines many times. I have noticed. In the more developed areas. The dive gear is better maintained. Had no problems in Anola Beach, Bohol or Sabang Beach, Puerto Galera. It is the really remote areas. The places I really love to dive. Where I run into equipment problems.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to