Re: Cop out......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 21, 2001 at 12:15:03:

In Reply to: Re: Cop out...... posted by seahunt on February 21, 2001 at 12:05:32:

Posted by seahunt on February 21, 2001 at 12:05:32:

If I can get a description of the
theory behind it, the methods, the data sampling methods, the data
out format OR one single level of the calculations required, any
hint OR description from any place that shows a manual deco calc
method that is anywhere near as accurate as a computer for NDL sport
diving, then I'll never mention your claims again.

What part of awareness of your profiles, understanding of deco theory (ie; what tissue groups load at what depths ) haven't you understood????????

I pay particular attention to my profiles, and normally wouldn't engage in ridiculous profiles such as you, but I would do it irrespective with you just to shut you the hell up...

I plan general paramater's, I AVOID sawtooth profiles and bouncing up and down like a damn yo-yo, and I have a great understanding of NDL limit's. I am therefore in a position that if I find myself at 100' for 25 minutes ( for example) I'll start a slow, controlled ascent complete with built in deep stops, and if for whatever reason I have a brain fart and get to 15' and am completely lost as to what to do, or how long to stay, I'll reach into my wetnotes and consult my tables... Why is that so hard for you to believe that it can be done???????? By paying attention to profiles and understanding the theory ( and by carrying a table in my pocket) I learned more about deco theory than if I studied a book. It's called diving, you remeber what that is don't you???????

I want to remind you, because you seem to have selective memory when it comes to my posts, that you shouldn't loose the computer until you are comfortable computing on the fly....

This is my last post to you so hopefully you'll attend the demo, or you'll take me up of my invitation to actually get in the wtaer an do a dive...

Good bye

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]